Friday, March 12, 2010

Sent from Heaven


Psalm 57:1-3
Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,
for in you my soul takes refuge;
in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge,
till the storms of destruction pass by.
I cry out to God Most High,
to God who fulfills his purpose for me.
He will send from heaven and save me;
he will put to shame him who tramples on me.
God will send out his steadfast love and his faithfulness!


Oh how we need mercy. When we look towards the cross we should be humbled to the dust, realizing that it was our sin, our selfishness, our rebellion that hung the most precious thing in the universe, God the Son himself on that heinous instrument of torture. But there is more, there is the beauty of the cross. As it humbles us, as we feel the crushing weight of our guilt and sin the cross also shows us something else, something so wonderful, so glorious it should lift our hearts to the ecstasy of heaven. It shows us the love, forgiveness and grace of our God! We may take refuge in our God, beneath the shadow of His wings, for He has sent from heaven to save us. He not only sent but came down from heaven to remove every barrier, everything that was standing in the way of a perfectly restored relationship with Him. God has sent His steadfast love and His faithfulness and He walked among us. Living the perfect life that we should have lived. Facing down and bearing the wrath of God and dying the death that we deserved to die. Look upon Jesus, God's sent one from heaven and proof of his love and faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment